When we’re chronically stressed, our body and mind are primed for ‘fight or flight’. Unsurprisingly, this is not the ideal state for creativity and self-expression! All our energy and resources are directed towards survival. The cortex (rational mind) is shut down, and ‘luxuries’ like digestion, immune function, creativity and play are repressed.
A regular TRE practice switches off the stress response and…
- creates a feeling of safety (the ideal state for play)
- helps you to think clearly
- reduces negative thinking and anxiety
(i.e. self-doubt and procrastination!)
- boosts the default network in the brain (greater idea generation)
- strengthens the mind-body connection, so you can tap into your intuition
- helps you reconnect with who you are and what you want to do on the planet!
As a writer and illustrator myself, I am particularly keen to work with creative people. If you’re a writer, artist, musician, dancer, singer or entrepreneur and you would like to try TRE, please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you.