How TRE Boosts Creativity
When you’re chronically stressed, your body and mind are primed for ‘fight or flight’.
Unsurprisingly, this is not the ideal time for creativity and self-expression! All your energy and resources are directed towards survival. Your cortex (rational mind) is shut down, and ‘luxuries’ like digestion, healing, creativity and play are repressed.
A regular TRE practice switches off the stress response and…
- creates a feeling of safety (the ideal state for play)
- helps you to think clearly
- reduces negative thinking and anxiety (i.e. self-doubt and procrastination!)
- enables you to be in the present moment
- boosts the default network in the brain (greater idea generation)
- diminishes performance anxiety
In addition, TRE’s ‘neurogenic tremors’ bring awareness and feeling to ‘numb’ or ‘blocked’ areas of the body, literally making you feel ‘whole’ and ‘alive’ again. This…
- strengthens the mind-body connection – so you can tap into your intuition
- enhances self-awareness – helping you reconnect with who you are and what you want to do on the planet!
As a writer and illustrator myself, I am particularly keen to work with creative people. If you’re a writer, artist, musician, dancer, singer or entrepreneur and you would like to try TRE, please get in touch. I would love to hear from you.