I am beyond chuffed – I have been nominated for awards by two different bloggers.
Thank you both for brightening up my day (maybe I should get out more but being nominated for these awards produced a mini frenzy of excitement; the kind that makes you do a silly dance…only I would never do that, of course).
KnitNell has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog/Very Inspiring Blogger Award. KnitNell is an Illustrator and textile artist who, after years of doing ‘proper’ jobs, has returned to her love of drawing, stitching and knitting. That in itself is very cool. But what I most love about her is her gorgeous illustrations – I came across these brightening the pages of a local magazine, and the rest as they say, is history.
Sounds Like Orange has nominated me for a Sunshine Blog Award. For starters, I just love the name of his blog (go to his About Me page if you want to know more). He writes about music but if that’s not your thing take a peek anyway, because his writing is a breath of fresh air – stylish, to the point and slightly off the wall. I may have to marry him.
Blog awards come with rules. These are KnitNell’s:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
So…7 things you don’t know about me:
- When I was a kid I had an imaginary dog called Rufus
- I find it really hard to remember people’s names (I have mental blocks even about people I have known for years – what’s that about?)
- I secretly yearn to play guitar in a rock band
- In an attempt to conquer my fear of heights I abseiled 300ft down Guildford cathedral (it didn’t work – I nearly passed out)
- I think I might have seen a ghost
- I have walked through London in my bra (not randomly, it was for the 26-mile Breakthrough for Breast Cancer Moonwalk)
- I have a thing about Elvis. (When I was a child I put serious thought into the possibility of calling my son Elvis. Luckily, I don’t have children.)
So that this post doesn’t turn into a marathon essay, I’ll answer Sounds Like Oranges’s questions in my next post…
11 thoughts on “Holy cow, I’ve won some blog awards!”
Fab, fab, fab. This is a very good blog. I’m going to post on my FB page for all my buds to see.
Wow, thanks Christine, much appreciated!!
Congratulations!! I love your 7 secrets, by the way – especially #1. I also share #2 and 3 with you…! :-)
Love it! How many other people secretly want to be a guitar god I wonder?? (You can’t beat a good bit of Jimi Hendrix)…
I think the London bra-walking thing is one of the prerequisites for being a guitar god. Maybe a little talent, too, but then again for punk rock, attitude is enough and talent’s just a bonus.
Wow, I am already a guitar god but didn’t know! (I actually started taking electric guitar lessons a few years ago but with work and working out and writing etc something had to go…so my guitar god dream was put on hold)…
Congratulations, that’s brilliant – I am envious I have to admit, so I am now going to re-read your post about turning envy into action. All the best, Grace
Thanks Grace, it was a nice surprise (when I’m at home tapping away at the computer it often feels as though I’m the only person in the world who has any idea I’m writing a blog, so it’s lovely to receive the awards and also to get comments from people like you!) :-)
From reading your recent Posts it looks like you have now turned a corner and the rest of the year should be a good one. All the best KN
Thanks KN, I feel like I have definitely turned a corner.Quite excited about what the rest of the year will bring!